Walk, Run, or Bike
to help our Watertown neighbors, many affected by the pandemic, to meet their basic food, housing, utility, and medical bills.
When? Any time between October 2 and October 23, 2021
Where? Any place you like!
What do I do? It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
- Print, fill out, and mail the registration form below, along with your registration fee, or register online at: https://fpwatertown.breezechms.com/form/a70d58
- Ask your friends and family members to sponsor you, AND sponsor yourself as well. Fill out the pledge sheet below. Even $1.00/mile will add up fast.
- Between Oct. 2 and Oct. 23, walk, run, or bike (or a combination of all three) as many miles as you would like; keeping a record of your progress.
- When you’re finished, collect your pledges and send them to the HRW Charitable Fund, c/o First Parish of Watertown, 35 Church St., Watertown, MA 02472. Pledges should be sent in no later than November 1.
- Beam with pride, knowing you’ve done your part to help those who are struggling during these hard times. All funds raised will go directly to help Watertown residents in need.
Registration fee? $10 per individual, $15 for a family of any size. Families are encouraged to go out together!
Suggested minimum fundraising goal? At least $25 per entry
Prizes? YES! Prizes will be awarded! This year winners will receive a VERY COOL HRW tote bag.
What if I can’t actively participate? Sponsor someone else, or send a contribution!
We gratefully acknowledge the support for this event from the Watertown Savings Bank.
Flyer – 2022 HRW Fun(d)raiser Flyer
Sign up form and sponsor/mileage log – please send to Charlyn Bethell – HRW Fun(d)raiser 2022 entry form record sheet
Helen Robinson Wright Fund Committee
The Helen Robinson Wright (HRW) Fund provides modest financial assistance to individuals and families facing short-term financial hardships. We assist with food purchases, housing expenses, utility costs, medical expenses, child care, and other essential needs.