COVID-19 Response and Multi-Platform Worship
First Parish of Watertown is committed to reopening the church building safely and continuing to provide virtual access to services and gatherings. Multi-platform worship offers in-person worship services which are also live-streamed online.
Updated for Fall 2022
Worship Services Protocols
- Beginning in September 2022, masks will be optional in Sunday worship. Those who prefer to wear masks are encouraged to do so, and masks will be available.
- All attendees eligible for vaccines and boosters are encouraged to get them.
- We welcome anyone not comfortable gathering in person to join us virtually. Ensuring inclusion and participation by all is the fulfillment of our church’s vision to welcome all.
- Social hour after Sunday services will not include refreshment.
- In the spirit of community we ask everyone to take a moment of care and concern for the larger community and please don’t attend a service if you are not feeling well, a family member is not feeling well or if you or anyone one in your household is aware of a possible exposure to COVID-19. Our care for each other creates our church home.
Earlier restrictions have been lifted:
- No capacity limit to attendance
- No advanced sign up is required.
- No building sign-in is required.
- Gentle singing is allowed.
Statement by the Church
We will do our best to provide the safest space possible for staff, volunteers, and attendees when they are present in the sanctuary. We cannot control nature. We are enthusiastic to offer both in person and virtual services and strive for both experiences to be spiritually enriching. Please honor your comfort level. Your comfort and peace of mind is our utmost priority.
Consent, consideration, and compassion for each other is our protocol.
As part of our ministering to each other we commit to keep each other as safe as possible. We depend on each other for our in-person worship to be as comfortable and safe as possible.
Please attend only if you are feeling well. In these times we are all very sensitive to being in the presence of someone who is not feeling well. If you are coming down with something you think may just be a cold, please stay home and enjoy the service virtually.
We appreciate your care and concern for each other.