Our Directory is in Breeze Online!
Our congregation uses Breeze for our directory of members and friends – and much more! You can find information about church members, make pledge payments or other donations, and even organize and recruit volunteers. Member information is hosted in a secure online database, and requires a login account.
Login to Breeze
Frequently Asked Questions
Breeze provides a robust set of communication tools for our community:
- A central, password protected, up-to-date listing of members and regular attenders and the contact information they have provided.
- Find lists of lay leaders – committee chairs, committee members, and church officers – using tags. (links require Breeze login)
- For committee and program leaders, easy access to contact information for their group members using tags.
- Give Now
- Secure online giving, with options to schedule recurring giving.
- Select different funds to support the church – paying your annual pledge, the weekly online collection plate, special collections, and the Helen Robinson Wright Fund.
- My Profile
- Update your own family’s contact information, photograph, and brief bio.
- Pledge tracking – view your own giving history and pledge progress securely on your profile.
- A central church calendar, where committees can schedule their own meetings and events. Breeze includes event locations, helping ensure church spaces aren’t double-booked.
- Volunteer management for events – everything from weekly worship services to big events. Breeze allows volunteers to accept, decline, pick a time slot, or indicate availability quickly and easily.
There are other capabilities that you might be able to use (e.g., sending group emails or managing volunteers) if you are a committee chair or active in a particular group activity. Contact a Breeze admin to learn more.
Get Started in Breeze
Breeze invitations. All members of First Parish Watertown were invited by email to create a Breeze account. The email message includes instructions for creating a username and password (note that these emails sometimes get caught in spam filters).
No email invitation? If you don’t have an invitation, go to the Breeze login page and click on the “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter the email address that you use to receive email from the church.
- You’ll receive an email with your username and instructions on resetting (or creating) your password.
- Note that if multiple people in your household list the same email address in the directory, this password retrieval will not work. Contact an admin for assistance resetting your password.
- If password retrieval doesn’t work, you don’t know what email to use or have other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Set up Breeze. Once you’re logged in, take a look around! The landing page after logging is a dashboard, which you can customize if you wish.
- Go to “My Profile” to see your own information and make sure it’s up to date. You can get to “My Profile” from the dashboard, under “More” options on the navigation bar, or perhaps most easily by searching for your own name.
- Add to your basic contact information by sharing pronouns, a preferred nickname, birthday, and dietary restrictions or allergies.
Use “More Info” (a free-text box) to share more information about yourself.
Look around! Breeze has a lot of functions to explore. Here are some of the key directory features to know about:
- From “My Profile,” find options in the sidebar (or drop-down menu on mobile) to check on the status of your giving and see any upcoming volunteer roles managed through Breeze.
- Choose “People” in the banner menu to find information about others – or search for a name in the top search bar (click on the search icon at upper right). You’ll see their contact information and profile information.
- Choose “Tags” in the banner menu to find groups of people (e.g. committee members). You can also search a group name in the top search bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is listed in Breeze?
Everyone affiliated with the congregation is listed with a basic profile – members, friends, newcomers, staff, and some folks who no longer attend but are still dear to us. (If you get weekly emails about online services – you’re in Breeze!)
Who can see my information in Breeze?
Members and long-term friends have accounts with basic view permissions. Church leaders, including committee chairs and members of certain committees, have elevated permissions for event and volunteer management. Financial information is restricted to specific finance administrators; children’s information is restricted to the Director of Religious Education.
How do I get started in Breeze?
All members have been invited to create a Breeze account. On the login page, you have options to reset a password or create an account.
If you think you may have an account, try clicking “Forgot Password?” and entering the email address at which you receive mail from the church. You’ll receive an email with your username and instructions on resetting your password. Note that if multiple people in your household list the same email address in the directory, this password retrieval will not work. Contact an admin for assistance resetting your password.
If you are in the directory but do not have an account, use the “Create Account” link and enter your name and email address as they are listed in the directory. You will receive an email invitation to create a username and password.
If you don’t know what email to use or have other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I check my giving history ?
If you want to make sure your payments went through or check how much of your pledge has been paid, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Breeze.
- Go to “My Profile.” You can get there from the dashboard, under “More” options on the navigation bar, or perhaps most easily by searching for your own name.
- Select “Giving” from the profile menu (at left on desktop, or drop-down with “Details” on mobile).
“Giving” lists each of your gifts in a table. You can filter by household or individual giving and date range.
- Toggling “Pledges” shows your total pledges and the amount remaining on each. (Note that data has not been entered completely for pledges prior to 2019.)
Is there a mobile version?
There is a Breeze app available in the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android. This can be a handy way to check the calendar or look up contact information on the go. You can also log in on a mobile web browser without installing the app.
Why can’t I see or edit something?
Different users have different access. You may not see some modules, or when you click on one, there may not be many options available. If there is something you believe you should have access to, but do not, please contact an admin.
How can I get more help?
Breeze has extensive help documentation, with articles, screenshots, and video walk-throughs.
For questions and troubleshooting specific to FPW, please contact an admin. You can find a list of FPW Breeze admins in Breeze! (Breeze login required). The admins are happy to answer questions, help troubleshoot, and adjust role permissions.
If you cannot login to Breeze and need assistance, contact email@example.com.