Religious Education Committee Mission
- To support each child in the development of his or her faith.
- To create openings for deep spiritual experience.
- To encourage the exploration of moral decision-making.
- To raise awareness of social justice and environmental issues.
- To promote religious literacy by acquainting children with multiple faith traditions.
- To teach the heritage, principles and values of Unitarian Universalism.
- To foster a love of learning.
- To support parents and families in their role as primary religious educators of their children.
- To carry out this mission in ways that are safe, nurturing, engaging, and enjoyable.
Religious Education Committee Covenant
United by a shared mission, we covenant together to:
- Be present
- Create opportunities for everyone to speak and be heard
- Participate with a commitment to all the children and families of the congregation
- Consider and value different points of view
- Be willing to share the workload
- Serve as advocates for our children, families and congregation
- Foster a safe place to share
- Maintain confidentiality about the discussions in this committee
- Support each other and the program
In this spirit, we honor ourselves, our task, and each other as we strive to make real the vision of Unitarian Universalism.